Laser treatments have been growing in popularity over recent years, and are only getting more popular as the media continues to promote the long-lasting and effective results of Laser Treatments.
Because of its popularity, the demand for experienced laser technicians grows.
If you want to work in the laser field, completing a course for your certification is a must.
Why take a laser safety course?
There are plenty of benefits to getting a Laser Safety Officer’s Certificate. With it, you can:
- Earn credibility and confidence from your clients
- Ensure a higher standard of safety in your workplace
- Get suitable insurance and reduce potential risks
- Work in reputable salons or laser clinics as an IPL and/or Laser technician
An LSO Certificate is also a mandatory legal requirement in Australia to operate any IPL/Laser machine and is the first step to getting your laser license.
Want to get started on your certification to do laser treatments?
1. Enrol in an accredited laser safety course.
Getting your LSO Certificate is an easy process, you need to undergo training through an accredited course like this one. The lessons can be done 100% online where you have flexible study options, and you can get started whenever you want! There are no prerequisites for the Demi International LSO course. A Diploma Beauty Therapy qualification is recommended, but not essential.
2. Work at your own pace, but be mindful of your time.
The best part about this online course is that you can work as fast or as slow as you want — just as long as you finish within the allocated time-frame of the course. With our laser safety course, you can complete training within 1 week – 3 months, easy.
Throughout the course, you will:
- Gain the skills and knowledge to provide IPL and Laser Treatments safely
- Learn to apply your knowledge in a practical setting
- Understand the clinical application of laser therapies
- Study with trainers with over 30+ years industry experience
- Become more confident in your skill
3. Complete the course and receive your license.
Congratulations! When you get to this step, you will receive a license endorsed by Qld Health on completion of the course. This is the document you will need to apply for your Laser Learner Licence, in Qld this is through Qld Radiation and Health. Once you have their approval you can continue your path to work in laser clinics nationally building your Laser hours under supervision. The rest is up to you, but you can be sure this career will be very rewarding..
Once you’ve completed Step 3, you are qualified to seek professional employment in beauty salons, laser clinics, medical spas, or even in a dermatologist’s office. For beauticians who want to take their career to the next level, training as a laser hair removal specialist can be an excellent and lucrative choice, not to mention a very exciting and rewarding career move!