What you can do now
- Please read the course brochure accessible by clicking here
- Please also read the Student Handbook
- If you have any questions or are ready to enrol please contact us on (07) 5309 6635
What you will learn from studying with Demi International
Our courses will enable you to:
- Gain the skills to prepare you for employment in a fast growing and rewarding industry
- Become qualified with in-depth skill sets designed to meet the specific needs of the industry. Our courses are designed with industry consultation, we include experts in our classrooms and deliver the most up to date required skill sets to our students.
- You will use a range of high-quality products and tools allowing you to practice your skills and hit the ground running out in the industry.
- We provide you with extra opportunities to clarify material and interact with your trainer where you can book one on one appointments with trainers and assessors.
Watch and listen to the Director talk about her passion for the industry
What is included in the course fees?
Your incidental and tuition fees include:
- Tuition, Uniform, Textbook/s, Learner Guides, Online Learning Management System, Products, Tools and Equipment
- access to support services, including Student Support and Learning Support
- access to a Student Clinic with paying clients and a salon software as well as point of sale equipment to process credit cards and eftpos transactions
Any additional costs that you may need to incur to complete your course are outlined in the Course Brochure and the Schedule of Fees.
What does a course with Demi International involve?
To complete your studies, you will:
- Have access to a computer and the internet and have a sound level of computer skills, Microsoft Office and using the internet
- Plan to set aside approximately 15 – 20 hours of study and practice per week at home in addition to your classes. This is a guide and is dependent on your current level of experience, knowledge and skill and the units you are studying each week.
- Participate in our on-campus student clinic’s, salon and barbershop each week as part of your classes. This is structured workplace learning that’s important and exciting giving you an opportunity to put the theory and skills you learn into practice.
What support is available?
Throughout your studies with Demi International, you will have access to our comprehensive range of student and learning support services. You can find out more about our support services from the Student Handbook.
What are the payment options?
Demi International has a range of payment options available for our courses:
- Interest-free Direct Debit payment plan allowing flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments. Sample payment plans are listed on each course brochure
- Demi International has partnered with Study Loans and Loanezi to offer flexible, very affordable repayment plans, subject to eligibility. Please visit STUDY LOANS and Loanezi for more information, eligibility requirements and repayment calculators.
- Demi International is an approved Pre-Qualified Supplier for the Certificate 3 Guarantee and the Higher Level Skills Program. These programs provide financial subsidies available to eligible students, details can be found HERE
- Demi International is an approved VET Student Loan provider for our Diploma courses for eligible students* Please see further details Here.
What happens when you finish?
Demi International also has a Job Board on our website where we list all of the jobs that have been presented to us from our industry contacts.
We also have many opportunities that are shared with our students on an ongoing basis and many of our students are working prior to graduating. Some of the local businesses have up to 16 of our students employed at any one time.
We have students working on Cruise Ships around the world, Salons, Laser Clinics, Spas, Movie World, MAC, Mecca, Sephora, L’occotaine, Chanel, Physiotherapists, Chiropractic Clinics, Surgeries and more.
Demi International has some exiting University Pathways available where you can receive credits and save time and money towards a suitable Bachelor Degree – check out our pathways options here.
Are you ready to enrol?
If you’re ready to enrol or have any questions, please call me on (07) 5309 6635. We are available weekdays 9am – 5pm (AEST).
The steps to enrol are:
- contact the Academy to make an appointment (with any of our 3 Campuses) to enrol 07 5309 6635; it takes about 20 minutes.
- bring the original and a photocopy of your citizenship evidence and photo identification to the appointment. This may be your Birth Certificate and Driver’s Licence or Australian Passport
- bring any Certificates or Statement of Attainments for previous studies where credits may apply
- pay a (non-refundable) $250 incidental fee, $500 (Cert III Programs), $1000 materials fee (Hairdressing and Barbering) for Access to the LMS, your Uniform and Textbook and Kits (Hairdressing and Barbering) This is in additional fee and separate to your tuition fees.
- Decide on your payment options and bring your bank details for the completion of a direct debit contract or your Centrepay details should you wish to use Centrepay or approval from Study Loans for your Tuition fees.
- Provide your USI; https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi
What’s your advice to help me prepare for my first day?
Please make sure you know:
Where you have to go on your first day?
- Demi International has 4 Campuses:
- 9/31-33 Plaza Parade Maroochydore Qld 4588 (07) 5309 6635
- 18 Duggan Street, Toowoomba Qld 4350 (07) 4642 5132
- 97 Spence Street, Cairns Qld 4870 (07) 4051 3822
- 794 Gympie Road, Chermside 4032 (07) 3188 7269
- It might be a great idea to do a drive-by prior to your first day so you can locate the campus and work out parking and where you need to be for your first day.
What time do you need to start?
- Class times start from 8.30 am, please arrive around 8.15 am on the first day and your trainer will advise the times for your classes each week
What the hours of your classes are?
- Classes generally run from 8.30 am – 4.30/5.00pm each week.
Who your Trainer will be and how to contact them?
- You will meet your trainer on your first day and they will go through an induction, a meet and greet and how to make contact with them. You will also receive an introductory video from your trainer and their contact email a few days prior to your first day.
What to wear?
- When you enrol you will be provided with a Tunic – (Beauty) or T-shirt – (Massage,Makeup, Hairdressing and Barbering). Please wear this with black tailored pants and closed in flat back shoes. Leggings, tights and jeans are not permitted. Hair is to be tied back and minimal jewellery worn.
What to bring?
- Please bring your lunch, water, a notebook, pens and your laptop. We have lockers and provide a microwave, fridge and tea and coffee.
Where to park?
- Each of our Campuses is located near the Major Shopping Centre with ample parking in the area. Onsite parking is limited, so please take to time to find somewhere to park so you can arrive on time. If you would like a map of parking areas for our Chermside campus please contact Marly (7) 3188 7269 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What to do if you are absent? What does Demi International require you to do?
- Please call your campus prior to 9 am to advise if you will not be attending – this is to ensure we can get the message to your trainer. Text messaging classmates or emailing is not appropriate and does not inform the Academy. Ongoing absences may result in a warning letter and or cancellation of your enrolment.
What if I find the work is too hard and I don’t feel confident in what I need to do?
- Talk to your Trainer and let them know what you are feeling. Everyone finds learning new things initially difficult, but with time and practice, your skillset and confidence increases. For any ongoing concerns, always feel free to contact your Trainer or the Admin Team.