Demi International has a High School Based Program where students in senior years (year 11 and 12)* can study either a Certificate or Diploma level qualification while completing their Queensland Certificate of Education. Students attend one day a week at either the Maroochydore, Chermside, Toowoomba, Ipswich, or Cairns campus.
A Certificate level qualification is completed in 6 -12 months and a Diploma level qualification over 18 months.
What Do You Need to Do
- Talk to us about your options and the days available for you to attend class
- Speak with your school principal or student careers officer about arranging your school schedule and subjects to attend one day a week at a Demi International campus
- Schedule an appointment to enrol. You will attend this appointment in person with a parent or guardian.
- If you are applying for a VSL to assist with your tuition fee’s you will need to complete a Literacy and Numeracy Exam (LLN)
Why Study While at School?
- A completed qualification with Demi International is equal to 8 QCE points. Finish school with both a qualification and your Senior Certificate.
- You will have a trade that Job Outcomes predicts to have continued high growth over the next 5 years.
- Increase your chance of employment while you are at school and after graduation as a skilled worker.
- Travel and work. Choose a qualification in Diploma of Beauty Therapy SHB50121 or Diploma of Remedial Massage HLT52015 and have the opportunity to have your qualification recognised in 39 countries.
- Study at University. Have a look at our University Pathways. Your completed Diploma will give you credits towards completing the Bachelor’s Degrees that are part of our University Pathways.
*students in Year 10 are also welcome to apply. Younger students will need to attend an interview and complete an LLN exam.