Demi International has a High School Based Program where students in senior years (year 11 and 12)* can study either a Certificate or Diploma level qualification while completing their Queensland Certificate of Education. Students attend one day a week at either the Maroochydore, Chermside, Toowoomba, or Cairns campus.
A Certificate level qualification is completed in 6 -12 months and a Diploma level qualification over 18 months.
What Do You Need to Do
- Talk to us about your options and the days available for you to attend class
- Speak with your school principal or student careers officer about arranging your school schedule and subjects to attend one day a week at a Demi International campus
- Schedule an appointment to enrol. You will attend this appointment in person with a parent or guardian.
- If you are applying for a VSL to assist with your tuition fee’s you will need to complete a Literacy and Numeracy Exam (LLN)
Why Study While at School?
- A completed qualification with Demi International is equal to 8 QCE points. Finish school with both a qualification and your Senior Certificate.
- You will have a trade that Job Outcomes predicts to have continued high growth over the next 5 years.
- Increase your chance of employment while you are at school and after graduation as a skilled worker.
- Travel and work. Choose an ITEC recognised qualification Diploma of Beauty Therapy SHB50115 or Diploma of Remedial Massage HLT52015 and have the opportunity to have your qualification recognised in 39 countries.
- Study at University. Have a look at our University Pathways. Your completed Diploma will give you credits towards completing the Bachelor Degrees that are part of our University Pathways.
*students in Year 10 are also welcome to apply. Younger students will need to attend an interview and complete an LLN exam.