- contact the academy to make an appointment to enrol; it takes about 20 minutes.
- read the 2022 Fee-Help Booklet
- provide your Australian Year 12 Certificate** OR provide successful completion of an AQF Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English)*** OR display competence at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy through a Basic Key Skills Builder (BKSB) LLN* (Language, Literacy, and Numeracy) assessment as well as the provider reasonably believing that the student displays that competence
- bring the original and a photocopy of your citizenship evidence and photo identification to enrolment. This may be your Birth Certificate and Driver’s Licence or Australian Passport****
- pay a (non-refundable) $250 incidental fee for your Uniform and Textbook. This is in addition and separate from your tuition fees.
- bring your bank details for the completion of a direct debit contract for the difference between what will be covered by a VSL and the full tuition fees or your Centrepay details should you wish to use Centrepay.
- Complete the Vet Student Loan application which must be signed by both the student and a responsible parent of the student if the following applies:
(a) the student is under 18 years of age;
(b) the student has a responsible parent;
- Independent students under 18 – please bring evidence of the assessment of receipt of youth allowance on the basis that you are independent within the meaning of Part 2.11 of the Social Security Act 1991; Please provide the original assessment in the form of your Centrelink Income Statement noting this assessment.
*Demi International uses the approved Basic Key Skills Builder LLN to assess requirements relating to student academic suitability where they do not hold a Senior Certificate or Certificate IV or higher. The student is assessed as displaying competence at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
**Senior Secondary Certificate of Education that has been awarded to the student by an agency or authority of a State or
Territory for the student’s completion of year 12.
***The Certificate IV or above must be issued by the Australian Qualifications Framework or has been assessed by a Federal, State, or Territory government agency that assesses overseas qualifications (or an organisation contracted by such an agency to undertake such assessments) as equivalent or comparable to a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework and the course for the qualification was delivered in English.
**** an Australian Passport is suitable evidence of Australian citizenship. If you do not have an Australian Passport, the evidence required to demonstrate that you are an Australian citizen will differ depending on whether you were:
- born in Australia before 20 August 1986 – Australian Birth Certificate for you required
- born in Australia on or after 20 August 1986 – Australian Birth Certificate for both yourself and one of your parent’s Australian Birth Certificate or Australian Citizenship Certificate
* Where you cannot provide the above you should apply for these documents by lodging Form 119 Application for evidence of Australian citizenship