Cosmetic tattooing and body tattooing are some of the higher-risk services in beauty and body art. You are literally performing skin penetrating procedures. Because of this, you need to make sure you know how to keep yourself and clients safe from the risk of infection transmission. Wanting to tattoo here are some things you should…
- Body piercing, other than closed ear or nose piercing
- Implanting natural or synthetic substances into a person’s skin (e.g. hair or beads)
- Scarring or cutting a person’s skin using a sharp instrument to make a permanent mark, pattern, or design
- Tattooing (including cosmetic tattooing or semipermanent make-up)
- Tattoo removal (from 1 July 2016).