It’s not just Safety First in this interesting and informative unit. Learn what it takes to maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments.
- Enrol at any time and get started when it suits you!
- This unit is required by Qld & WA Health and the relevant legislation can be found here: Skin penetration procedures and the law & Public Health (Infection Control for Personal Appearance Services) Act 2003
- Businesses that offer higher risk services, need to have a ‘higher risk personal appearance service’ licence, and operators need to have this unit to provide these services:
- body piercing, other than closed ear or nose piercing
- implanting natural or synthetic substances into a person’s skin (e.g. hair or beads)
- scarring or cutting a person’s skin using a sharp instrument to make a permanent mark, pattern or design
- tattooing (including cosmetic tattooing or semipermanent make-up)
- tattoo removal (from 1 July 2016).
- Graduate with your nationally recognised statement of attainment within 3 months.
- Flexible, online study options that give you the time to study, work and play.
- Gain the skills and knowledge to provide safe Cosmetic Tattooing, Tattooing, Laser & Piercing services
- Completed by external study with student-focused support from trainers with over 30+ years industry experience.
- Innovative technology that gives you structured learning and teacher directed study with a dedicated focus on practical training.
- Nationally Accredited qualification with an Industry recognised training provider RTO#32542
- Gain essential infection control knowledge
- Minimum requirement for Qld Health Legislation for piercing and tattoo industry
- Work at your own pace with ongoing trainer support
- Unmatched student support and resources throughout your course
Learn what it takes to maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments.
- Work in the piercing, cosmetic tattooing and tattoo industry
Real world examples of Demi Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures graduates’ careers (just to name a few);
- Currently employed at SkinKandy, Skin Clinics, Laser Clinics, Cosmetic Injectibles Clinics, Tattoo Studios and Cosmetic Tattoo Clinics
Got a question?
Get in touch with our friendly team with any queries you may have.